FIRE EMERGENCY ACTION PLAN
The fire exits are located:
in the main hall ( through double doors leading onto the front of the building)
- in corridor on right hand side at back of hall
- Inside large back room
- inside small back room
The fire exits must remain clear at all time
Fire extinguishers are located:
- one by back door
- one by small back room
- two by double front doors
- one on stage
- two by main kitchen
- fire blankets in the large kitchen
Fire extinguishers only to be used by people who have had the appropriate training.
In the event of a fire raise an alarm to alert all people in the Hall by breaking the glass of the call point.
When the fire alarm is heard, THE PERSON IN CHARGE OF THE HALL OR FUNCTION will:
- instruct all persons to leave the building, using the nearest available fire exits.
- switch off all equipment if safe to do so.
- be the last person to evacuate the building and close all doors behind them.
- count the number of people at the function and also at the assembly point
- ensure those present do not run and do not stop for personal belongings
- ensure that children and any vulnerable persons are escorted
- check toilets especially the disabled toilet
call the fire brigade
Use a mobile phone ,or the nearest telephone is directly opposite the main entrance door number 01903 814856.
Dial 999 and give this address: BEEDING & BRAMBER VILLAGE HALL, HIGH STREET, UPPER BEEDING. BN44 3WN
Once the Hall has been evacuated, nobody should re-enter the building.
On the arrival of the Fire Brigade, the person in charge of the hall/function should report to the Officer in Charge that all persons are safe, or should inform him/her of their last known position.