The Village Hall was the idea of Hatton Sutton of Bramber, Thomas Cross and George Hobbs of Upper Beeding. The Hall was built in 1930, some of the money was raised by the local villagers who held fundraising events and each child took money to school to help pay for the building of the Hall. The land was bought from Arthur Wood in 1927 for the sum of £150 and another piece of land was bought in 1929 for £70. The Hall and its land are held under a Trust Deed dated 29 June 1931 as a public charitable trust for the purposes of a village hall for the inhabitants of the Parishes of Upper Beeding , Bramber and the immediate vicinity. The holding trustee is the Official Custodian of the Charity Commission. This process was completed in September 1935.
The Hall is managed by a Council of Management, who are in law the Charity Trustees. They consist of a representative member from each of the organisations who regularly use the Hall and Villagers who are elected at the Annual General Meeting which is held in late April or early May. All inhabitants from the two villages are entitled to attend and vote at the Annual Meeting. Charity Commission rules and regulations do not allow employees of the Hall to vote.